01702 588064 07799850961
WHAT ARE SOLAR PANELS?
Solar panel electricity systems, also known as solar photovoltaics (PV), capture the sun's energy using photovoltaic cells. These cells don't need direct sunlight to work – they can still generate some electricity on a cloudy day. The cells convert the sunlight into electricity, which can be used to run household appliances and lighting.
PV cells are made from layers of semi-conducting material, usually silicon. When light shines on the cell it creates an electric field across the layers. The stronger the sunshine, the more electricity is produced. Groups of cells are mounted together in panels or modules that can be mounted on your roof. The power of a PV cell is measured in kilowatts peak (kWp). That's the rate at which it generates energy at peak performance in full direct sunlight during the summer. PV cells come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
WHY CHOOSE SOLAR PANELS?
• You will be able to benefit from the governments feed in tariff (FIT) scheme:
• You get paid for every unit of electricity the system generates during daylight hours
• You get paid money back on every excess unit you export to the grid
• you only need to import electricity back from the grid during non producing hours i.e. night time
• If you are a landlord you can put solar panels on the roofs of rented properties and the entire export tariff will be
paid directly to you
• Included in our quotations are timers where necessary for your electricity using equipment so you can make the
most of the export tariff
• The South East of England is the best area in the country for Solar panels
• If used correctly you could earn more from solar panels than from interest on savings
• When solar panels first came out they only had a 10 year guarantee, now it’s a 25 year guarantee and they are
much more efficient
• Cut your carbon footprint: solar electricity is green, renewable energy and doesn't release any harmful carbon
dioxide or other pollutants. A typical home solar PV system could save over a tonne of carbon dioxide per year
that's more than 30 tonnes over its lifetime.
Limited Company Number: 9235403